KBMM-225, KB, 9470, Drive, SCR, 230V, Chassis, 180VDC, 1.5HP, 3 HP WITH HEAT SINK OPTION
Is an adjustable speed DC Drive. It will control motors between 1/50-1.5 HP
(3.0 HP w/aux. Heat-sink option) by inserting the proper Plug-in Horsepower Resistor®.
The KBMM-225 motor speed control is designed for 180 VDC PM & Shunt motors.
Direct fit replacement for Baldor's P/N: BC142
KBMM Speed range is 50:1 with load regulation of 1%. Features include: AC Line fuse and Armature Fuse holder, Auto Inhibit®, Voltage Following, MOV transient protection, 5K speed pot and trimpot adjustments for Min, Max, Accel, Decel, IR and CL. Options include Auxiliary heat sink, Barrier Terminal Board, RFI/EMI filters and Signal Isolation (model SI-6). This control is available worldwide from stocking KB distributors. UL, CSA, CE, C-tick. Patented. *
The KBMM-225 full-wave variable speed DC motor controls, now with SMT construction. The controls contain a unique, super fast, Direct-Fed™ current limit circuit that helps to protect the SCR power bridge against direct shorts. The reliability of the KBMM™ is further enhanced with the use of high-surge, 25A SCRs and AC line and armature fusing. The KBMM™ is fitted with KB’s exclusive Plug-in Horsepower Resistor®. It eliminates the need for recalibrating IR Comp and Current Limit when the control is used on various horsepower motors. In addition, the rating of the control can be extended to 3 HP at 230V by the use of KB’s auxiliary heat sink. The versatility of the KBMM™ is confirmed by its extensive list of standard features, such as: selectable armature or tach feedback and adjustment trimpots for Min speed, Max speed, IR comp, CL and linear Accel and Decel. The KBMM™ includes Auto Inhibit®, which eliminates surging during rapid AC line switching; pulse transformer triggering, which provides cogless operation at low speed; and superior noise rejection circuitry, which eliminates false starts and blown SCRs. Enable (N/C) and Inhibit (N/O) functions provide electronic switching of control output. The output voltage of the control is a linear function of potentiometer rotation. In addition, the control can be used in a voltage following mode by supplying an isolated analog input signal to terminal P2(+) and F-. The control is supplied with a 5 kΩ remote potentiometer and QD terminals.
- Auxiliary Heat Sink (Part No. 9861) – Doubles the horsepower rating of the control
- Barrier Terminal Board (Part No. 9897) – Converts the quick-connect terminals of the KBMM™ to a barrier terminal block. Contains PC board mounted line and armature fuse holders. Plugs onto the quick-connect terminals of the KBMM
- SI-6 Signal Isolator (Part No. 9444) – Provides isolation between nonisolated signal sources and the KBMM™. Plugs onto the quick-connect terminals of the KBMM™. Contains barrier terminal block.
- Run/Brake Module (Part No. 9952) – Used for applications that require rapid stopping of the motor. Contains barrier terminal block
- Barrier Terminal Accessory Kit (Part No. 9883) – When used with the Auxiliary Heat Sink, it converts the quick-connect terminals of the KBMM™ to a barrier terminal block and provides built-in fusing.
- Dial Plate and Knob Kit (Part No. 9832) – Provides indication of the Main Speed Potentiometer position (incremented form 0 – 100%).
- Finger-Safe Cover (Part No. 9564) – Converts the control from open chassis to the IP-20 standard. (Fuse holders must be removed when installing the Finger-Safe Cover.)
- DIN Rail Mounting Kit (Part No. 9995)
- RFI Filters – A variety of filters are available in both undermount and remote designs. The filters comply with CE Directive 89/336/EEC relating to the EMC Class A Industrial, Class B Residential and FCC A and B. See RFI Filters and Chokes Selection Guide D-321.